Last updated: May 1, 2016
We are Veri, Inc. ("Veri", "We", "Us", "Our"), a corporation registered under the laws of the state of Delaware in the United States. Veri operates the Veri website and mobile applications (collectively, "the Services"). By downloading, accessing, or using the Veri mobile applications or website or other products or services of Veri, you agree to be bound by these terms. These Terms affect your legal rights and obligations, so if you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Services.
In addition, you affirm that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Services.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity. We may, without notice and in our sole discretion, terminate your right to use the Services, or any portion thereof, and block or prevent your future access to and use of the Services or any portion thereof.
The Services consist of interactive features and areas that allow users to create, post, transmit, and/or store content, including but not limited to photos, videos, text, graphics, items, or other materials (collectively, "User Content"). You understand that you are responsible for all data charges you incur by using the Services. You also understand that your User Content will be viewable by others who are also attending the event and/or if the event content is shared by other guests.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content and any claims arising therefrom, and that Veri is not responsible or liable for any User Content or claims arising therefrom. While we are not obligated to do so, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to review, screen, and delete User Content at any time and for any reason.
Posting of any User Content that is offensive, objectionable, or illegal is not tolerated. If you violate our terms and do post such content, your content may be removed, your account may be suspended, and you may be prohibited from using Veri in the future.
You retain all ownership rights in your User Content. We will never assume any rights (copyrights or otherwise) to your work, and, except when compelled by law, we will never explicitly share them without your permission.
You agree that any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding Veri or the Services that you provide, whether by email or otherwise ("Feedback"), are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Veri. We will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledging or compensating you. You waive any rights you may have to the Feedback (including any copyrights or moral rights). We like hearing from users, but please do not share your ideas with us if you expect to be paid or want to continue to own or claim rights in them.
Unless otherwise stated, all materials contained on or within the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images, code, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials (collectively, "Veri Content"), as well as their selection and arrangement, are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use of Veri Content may violate such laws and these Terms. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, Veri does not grant any express or implied rights to use Veri Content. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, display, reverse engineer, sell, or participate in any sale of, rent, lease, loan, assign, distribute, license, sublicense, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, Veri Content, the Services, or any related software, except as expressly stated in these Terms.
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Veri and Veri Content. This license is revocable at any time. This license is subject to these Terms and does not include:
- The distribution, public performance, or public display of Veri Content;
- Modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Services or Veri Content, or any portion thereof;
- Use of any scraping, data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- Downloading (other than page caching) any portion of the Services, Veri Content, or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Services; and
- Any use of the Services or Veri Content other than for their intended purposes.
Any use of the Services or Veri Content other than as specifically authorized in these Terms, without the prior written permission of Veri, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license to use Veri granted in these Terms.
In addition to the other restrictions outlined in these Terms, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Services for any purpose that is illegal, beyond the scope of their intended use, or otherwise prohibited in these Terms or the terms of any third party that govern a particular Service;
- Use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services in any manner;
- Compromise the security of the Services;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, spam, solicitations, or promotional materials;
- Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Services or to extract data;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content, or code of the Services;
- Use or attempt to use another user's account without authorization;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Attempt to indicate in any manner that you have a relationship with us or that we have endorsed you or any products or services without our express written consent to do so;
- Engage in any harassing, intimidating, predatory, or stalking conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Violate the publicity, privacy, or data-protection rights of others, including by taking pictures of another individual without receiving that individual's consent;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Buy, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise offer in exchange for any compensation, access to your Veri account without Veri's prior written consent;
- Develop any third-party applications that interact with User Content or the Services without our prior written consent; and
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You further agree to abide by any third-party terms that apply to the Services or when posting reviews of Veri, including the iTunes App Store Terms of Service.
After opening a Veri account, you accept all responsibility for any activity that occurs while logged into your account. You agree that you will not do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account.
When you first create a Veri account, we ask for your mobile number to verify your account. Please be aware that your carrier's text messaging and data fees apply for mobile number verification.
When logging into your Veri account, we ask for your mobile number or email address to send you a secure link to log in and access your account. Please be aware that your carrier's text messaging and data fees apply for logging in with your mobile number.
Modifications to the Services
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or any features or portions thereof without prior notice. You agree that we will not be liable for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof.
Veri respects the intellectual property rights of others. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable laws, we strive to expeditiously remove any infringing material from our site. If Veri becomes aware that one of its users is a repeat copyright infringer, it is our policy to take reasonable steps within our power to terminate the user's account. All users should be aware of and comply with applicable copyright laws.
If you believe that anything on the Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notice of such infringement with our designated agent:
Attn: Copyright Agent
35 E 19th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10022
To be effective, any takedown notice submitted to our Copyright Agent must comply with the requirements set forth at 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). That means that the notice must include substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Veri to locate the material.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
THE SERVICES AND THE VERI CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, WHILE VERI ATTEMPTS TO PROVIDE A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DELAYS, DISRUPTIONS, OR IMPERFECTIONS.
Note to International Users
The Services are hosted in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Services from the European Union, Asia, Australia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Services, which are governed by U.S. law, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
By agreeing to these Terms you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Veri, our managing members, shareholders, employees, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers (the "Veri Parties") from and against any and all complaints, charges, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) any User Content you post, upload, use, distribute, store, or otherwise transmit through the Services; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of the rights of another, including without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, privacy, or proprietary right; or (e) your violation of any statutes, codes, ordinances, laws, rules, regulations, including without limitation, all regulatory, administrative, and legislative authorities.
2) Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will Veri or the Veri Parties be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages that result from (a) the use of, or inability to use, the Services; (b) the provision of the Services or any materials available therein; or (c) the conduct of other users of the Services, even if Veri has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You assume total responsibility for your use of the Services. Your only remedy against Veri for dissatisfaction with the Services or any content is to stop using the Services. If, notwithstanding these Terms, Veri is found liable to you for any damage or loss that arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of the Services or any content, Veri's liability shall in no event exceed $1.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
These Terms supersede all prior understandings regarding the same and represent the complete agreement between you and Veri. These Terms do not create or confer any third-party beneficiary rights. We may change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending a notification, posting a notice on the Services, or updating the "Last Updated" date above. Your continued use of the Services will confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms. We encourage you to frequently review the Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using the Services and delete your Veri account.
Questions and Comments
We always welcome comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions! Please feel free to send feedback to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.