Last Updated: May 1, 2016
Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
For you to create a Veri account and use the service, we may collect a few important details about you: your full name, an email address, a phone number, a payment method (if applicable), and a profile photo. We want you to be in control of your information so you can update or correct your Veri account information by editing your account settings within Veri. Although we would never want you to leave, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can delete your account from the account settings within Veri; but keep in mind that we may retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity and the photos you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, location, the number of photos you exchange with the event hosts and guests, and your interactions with photos (such as when you open a photo, download a photo, or reply to a photo).
- Website Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about your devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device's performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Location Information. With your consent, we utilize your device location so that you can share your photos in real time and see a map of your locations during the event (that only you can see). We do not store your location on our servers. As with your phonebook and photos, you can always revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your device. If you do so, certain features of the Services will no longer function. And, of course, you can revoke your consent by deleting Veri from your device.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
If another user allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you're one of that user's contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user's phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through Veri.
Information We Collect When You Contact Us
Whenever you have a question for us, please feel free to reach out at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, when you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit artwork, files, or any other materials to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
How We Use Information
With the information we collect, we do our best to constantly provide you with awesome Services and to continuously improve them, as well as the following:
- Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Communicate with you. That means just what it says; we may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing content, or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
Veri is based in the United States. Although we welcome people from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you're in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
Here's the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you create or join an event on Veri, other guests at the event will see your full name and profile photo.
- When you share content on Veri (e.g., a photo or video), other guests at the event will see whatever your content says or shows. You may also delete any piece of content that you have shared at any time. You will only be able to see content from other guests at the event to which you have access.
- When you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. For instance, when you use invite other users, we may share your username and name with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. In these cases, we will not display your phone number to these users, but we will share the fact that you
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to view profile information, including your name and profile photo.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services;
- We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, to help us improve our Services.
The content (e.g., photos and videos) that you share are controlled by you - that is, you can determine what event to join, what you share, and for how long. But—and this is important—you should understand that the other guests at an event you have chosen to join can see your content and thus, can always save them, either by taking a screenshot or by downloading the photos from Veri. So please exercise common sense that you exercise across the Internet: Don't share content that you wouldn't want someone else to save or share.
Analytics and Services Provided by Others
The Security of Your Information
We take all reasonable measures possible to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.