Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us When You Sign Up and/or Purchase Services
For you to create a Veri account and/or use the service, we may collect a few important details about you: your full name, an email address, a phone number, a payment method (if applicable), including, but not limited to a credit card number, shipping address, and a profile photo. If you choose to purchase the Services, credit card or other payment information is not stored by Veri. Rather, you send the information directly to PayPal, Apple Pay, Android Pay or Stripe, though when using Stripe, the information passes through (but is not stored on) the Services. We want you to be in control of your information so you can update or correct your Veri account information by editing your account settings within the Services. Although we would never want you to leave, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can delete your account from the account settings within the Services. When you do so, you may select one of two options (1) delete the account, together with any photos and/or videos you’ve shared; or (2) delete all of your personal information, but permit the host to retain your shared photos and/or videos on the app. If you choose option (2), we will retain only the name under which you are registered.
What You Provide Us When You Use Our Services
- Usage Information and basic analytics. We collect information about your activity and the photos you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, location, the number of photos you exchange with the event hosts and guests, and your interactions with photos (such as when you open a photo, download a photo, or like a photo).
- Website Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about your devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device's performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Device Phonebook and Photos. Because the Services is all about sharing photos and videos with people who are attending events with you, with your consent, we collect certain information from your device's phonebook and photos. When you first sign up for the Services, you will have an option to grant us certain permissions on your device.
- We will request access to your photos. Allowing us access to your photos allows us to auto-scan your photos and videos during an event for auto-upload. It also allows you to select the photos and videos you would like to manually upload to an event.
- We will request access to sync your contacts with the Services. Syncing your contacts allows us to invite guests to your event, if you ask us to do so.
- If you invite guests to your event, you grant us permission to contact your guests via phone number and/or email address. We will only contact your guests for matters that directly relate to your event. Your guests can opt out of future communications at any time.
- We will request that you allow us to send you notifications, so that we can send you information via push notifications that relates to your event.
- However, none of this information is required to access the Services, and will only be collected upon your consent.
- Upon entering your email address or telephone number, we will automatically send you notifications to that email address or telephone number, unless you unsubscribe from those notification.
- You can always revoke your consent to our ongoing ability to collect information from your device's phonebook and photos by changing the settings on your device if your device offers that option, or by simply deleting the Services from your device (though we hope you'll never do that). If you do so, certain features of the Services may no longer function.
- Location Information. With your consent, we utilize your device location so that you can share your photos in real time and see a map of your locations during the event (that only you can see). We do not store your location on our servers. As with your phonebook and photos, you can always revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your device. If you do so, certain features of the Services may no longer function. And, of course, you can revoke your consent by deleting the Services from your device.
- Your Profile. Your profile photo may be viewable to others users who have you listed as a contact in their device, and who are also signed up for the Services.
Information We Collect When You Contact Us
Whenever you have a question for us, please feel free to reach out at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, when you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit artwork, files, or any other materials to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
How We Use Information
With the information we collect, we do our best to constantly provide you with awesome services and to continuously improve them, as well as the following:
- Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Communicate with you. That means just what it says; we may send you marketing communications; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing content, or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Verify your identity so as to prevent an unauthorized user from sharing photos under your name; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
Veri is based in the United States. Although we welcome people from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you're in another country, your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
Here's the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you create or join an event on the Services, other guests at the event will see your full name and profile photo.
- When you share content on the Services (e.g., a photo or video), other guests at the event will see whatever your content shows. You may also delete any piece of content that you have shared at any time. You will only be able to see content from other guests at the event to which you have access.
- When you let us access your device phonebook, we may share your name and profile photo with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. For instance, when you invite other users, we may share your username and name with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. In these cases, we will not display your phone number to these users, but we will share the fact that you are a Veri user with the name that you use on the Services as well as your profile photo on the Services.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to view profile information that you provide, including, at a minimum, your name and profile photo.
- We will share your information with other companies and/or service providers who provide products and/or services through our application, as needed, if you purchase those products and/or services. We will only share information pertaining to your order. You have the ability to provide and/or edit information that you choose to share with those companies on a case-by-case basis when you purchase such products and/or services. Such companies include, but are not limited to Tweed Wolf, LLC and Pwinty, Ltd.
- We may share any information that we have collected in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, to help us improve our Services.
The content (e.g., photos and videos) that you share are controlled by you - that is, you can determine what event to join, what you share, and for how long. But—and this is important—you should understand that the other guests at an event you have chosen to join can see your content and thus, can always save them, either by taking a screenshot or by downloading the photos from the Services. So please exercise common sense that you exercise across the Internet: Don't share content that you wouldn't want someone else to save or share.
Also, please be advised that our websites and our event galleries (which are located at a unique URL) are not password protected. Therefore, while you control where your photos and videos are posted, any information or photographs that you provide may and can be detected by any person or persons with knowledge of, or by incidental connection to, the web address or event code for any respective event.
Analytics and Services Provided by Others
The Security of Your Information
We take all reasonable measures possible to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Last updated: September 27, 2017